Password works as an access key to your favorite stuff. In this digital era, we all need strong and secured passwords to protect our data and privacy. To do so, we have to choose a passcode or password from online and offline threats to our data. But the questions arises, what should be your password.
You might be searching on google, how to create a strong password or how secure is my password or how strong is my password. If you! Then you are at right place. We will tell you about your password security and will tell you how to create a strong password.
How secure is my password?
In this paragraph, we will discuss about how secure is your password. From securing our mobile devices to encrypt confidential data, we use passwords but how strong and secure is my password.
We can use anything as our password but remembering those passwords is a tedious task. We will discuss about it in
next paragraph. If you have created a strong password then preventing it from theft and cracking is most important. There are various websites available on google to check how strong is my password and how secure is my password.
As we know, nothing is secure in this world. Passwords come also in this, they are very easy to crack.
Choosing a group of random alphabets and numbers i.e. dictionary attack or by making some suggestions or brute force attack or phishing etc. can be used to crack a password. The cyber criminals can crack your password with any of these techniques. The important thing to make a password secure and strong is to use long tail words with random size of alphabets.
How to create a strong password?
After discussing how secure my password is, we will discuss on how to create a strong password. To rely on your password, it is required to be strong and secured enough. Most of us uses very easy password such as ‘12345678’ or ‘qwertyuiop’ as they are very easy to remember. The more complicate password you choose, the more secured it will be. There are some factors regarding strong and secured password which are as:
- Make Long password : This is the most critical factor. Choose nothing shorter than 15 characters, more if possible to have secure password.
- Use combination of characters : The more you mix up characters (upper-case and lower-case), numbers, symbols the more secured password is and harder it is to crack or guess for hackers.
- Avoid using common substitutions : You need to avoid common substitution people generally use while creating password whether Password or Pass1234, the brutforce attackers can easily crack it down in just few minutes. These days, random placement is much more effective than leetspeak (It is informal language or code used on the internet, in which standard letters are replaced by numerals or special characters) substitutions, like ” 6455w0rd “
- Don’t use keyboard memorable path : Much like the advice above not to use sequential letters, number, do not use sequential keyboard path either( like : qwerty). These are among the first choice to be guessed by someone.
How To Keep your Strong Password Strong?
If you have taken some time to think about a strong password, now you must focus to keep that password secure. There are some ways to keep your password secure and most important easy to remember.
- Don’t reuse your password : If you are using the same password across the email, shopping, social networks, and other websites holding sensitive personal data (or even a local community website) one of those experiences breach, you have now exposed to other services to the risk of being breached as well.
- Don’t you write you passowrd down : It can be tempting, specially in the workplace, to keep record of password in old fashioned way (writing them in a copy or paper) but these are easily discovered and make your data accessible to all.
- Use a Password manager : There are many apps and website that store your password securely. There are many password manager available to keep record of your all passwords. You have to very careful in choosing among them as some of them can be fraud also. Rely only on reputed password managers only.
- Don’t share your password : This one is no brainer, and if you must share, change it as soon as possible. Try to keep in your password within a small group so that there can be less chances of cyber attack.
- Use Two factor authentication : Two factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your private stuff. It can be anything in addition to your password, such as a code sent to your phone, biometric, or a physical token.
You must have got the answer to you question i.e. How secure or strong my password is? and how to create a strong password? Remember these steps and ways to secure your password and strong enough to withstand cracking.